Tuesday 16 January 2007

Unpublished Works

In the conversion to the New Improved Blogger, I found a post I'd composed, but due to a connection problem never actually published.

It's from the 20th of June 2005, right when the somatic changes were peaking, but before all the tests had been completed. I decided it was a bit too revealing, I'd publish it later, then things rather overwhelmed me, and it fell through the cracks. Now Published : What the Heck...An Announcement

As it turned out, my chromosomes were 46xy. My chest developments decreased the next week, and didn't reach the same stage again until September, a month after HRT started. The situation was weirder than anyone thought. And my sexual orientation has changed, I'm no longer Lesbian. Right now I really don't want a sexual orientation, but I suspect it's something you don't have any choice about. What will be, will be.

The psychological effects on my partner, and the likely effects on our 25-year marriage where obvious even then. I'm just really good at self-deception, it's what kept me alive for 35 years. There comes a time of reckoning though, and Reality slaps you in the face with a Herring.

Anyway, please go read the previously unpublished post.

3 comments:

Shaz said...

That's one heck of a post you managed to over look! You're extremely brave & no doubt an inspiration to many. Well done

Anonymous said...

It is a damn good post. And one that I have more understanding of than I'd choose to ;)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to commend your bravery and wish you the very best.
As with all things the truth will always set us free.
Bravo to you in finding your own truth.
Kelly