Friday 22 July 2011

MIDDLE SEXES

A Film about Diversity in Sex and Gender. Because of the diversity, it's inevitable that I identify strongly with some, while being bemused and bewildered by others.

If you want to learn something about others, please view this video. I learnt a lot about people very different from myself - while recognising characteristics of my own personality and situation in others. I cried a few tears over some parts, and went "Ewwwwwww" over others. As some people go "Ewwwwww" over me.





















4 comments:

Nikola Kovacs said...

Really good stuff Zoe ... I'm not sure which parts you went "ewww" to, but I didn't have that reaction to any of it.

One disappointing aspect however was where one of the "experts" refers to homo, hetero, bi rightly as sexualities, but then adds trans and gives the misleading illusion that trans is a sexuality too.

Lauren G said...

I thought it was interesting how much the video talked specifically about how men react to various things, and how short the segments were that talked about women's experiences.

Just something I noticed.....

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Educating indeed. Still, more depressing than anything: the homophobia is only one aspect of the inability to accept. What about the religious edicts, the ignorance, the bigotry... oh well.

Zoe Brain said...

Nikola - the guy who left his family to live with his mistress in Thailand. That made me go "Ewwwwww".

Ironic that he's the only person who was interviewed in the program who wasn't IS.